Astrud Lea Beringer took over the project coordination of the AMP in March 2022. As a graduate in International Development, with several years of professional experience in human rights advocacy in the Philippines, she is now responsible for the AMP’s lobby, advocacy and public relations work.
The Action Network Human Rights – Philippines (“Aktionsbündnis Menschenrechte – Philippinen” or “AMP”) pursues the objective to contribute to the improvement of the human rights situation in the Philippines by educating and influencing policy and decision makers as well as representatives of the civil society in Germany and the EU. Since its foundation in August 2007, the network coordinates policy dialogues, campaigns and international events and publishes background papers about the human rights situation in the Philippines.
The main topics of our work are the numerous cases of politically motivated killings and the continued practice of enforced disappearance.
Member Organisations of the AMP are Amnesty International Germany, Bread for the World – Church Development Service (EED), International Peace Observers Network (IPON), Misereor, Missio Munich, philippinenbuero Inc. in Asia House and the United Evangelical Mission (UEM).
- Monitoring of the human rights situation in the Philippines based on information from our partners, media reports as well as direct research on the ground
- Public relations on the human rights situation in the Philippines
- Debate of the Philippine human rights situation with political decision makers and relevant state institutions in Germany, at the European Union, the United Nations and within the Philippines
- Support of victims of human rights violations and their families by means of urgent actions and lobbying letters
- Organisation of public events in Europe on political killings and enforced disappearances in the Philippines
- Supporting our Philippine partners with their international lobbying and advocacy work
- Publication of a monthly newsletter and regular press releases on human rights issues in the Philippines
- Documentation of cases of politically motivated killings and enforced disappearances